1) What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
– Finished all my class work for my Masters
– Saw Alabama go 12-0 in the regular season
– Finished writing the 5 Minute Bible devotional guide
– turned 33
2) Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i don’t make new year’s resolutions
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but my sister adopted an 8 year old from the Marshal Islands.
4) Did anyone close to you die?
5) What countries did you visit?
none, did very little traveling last year
6) What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
– clarity about the future
– a vacation with Dana
– more compassion
7) What date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
– August 3: It was our 7th anniversary.
– November 4: the day our country elected a new president
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
That is a great question and quiet depressing too. I don’t know.
9) Did you suffer illness or injury?
10) What was the best thing you bought?
Dana a new car!!
11) Whose behavior merited celebration?
– I thought Hillary Clinton in her interview with Bill O’reilly.
– McCain’s concession speech (classy)
– Dana for her work with her challenged student
– I am sure I did something of value (ha)
12) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
– Politicians and political commentators who can’t say anything negative about their party and nothing positive about their opponent or their party.
– Christians who made racist jokes or acted like God lost the election when Obama won.
– Those in the church who are convinced that hate is, somehow, acceptable when one is “defending truth”
– My own, many times
13) Where did most of your money go?
College loans, credit cards, bills, and more bills
14) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
– Evangelism University.
– Mission trip to Timothy Hill ranch
– Our summer interns
15) What song will always remind you of 2008?
– how can I keep from singing, by chris tomlin
– viva la vida, by coldplay
– cheater cheater, by joey and rory
– and, unfortunately, i kissed a girl, by katy perry
16) Compared to this time last year, are you:
Wiser? i hope so
Healthier? I guess I am off blood pressure medicine
17) What do you wish you’d done more of?
connected with people
18) What do you wish you’d done less of?
eat Dove ice cream
19) How did you spend Christmas?
four “christmases”, really:
– 8 days of presents with Dana
– Christmas eve at Dana’s family
– Christmas and my family
– Christmas parties with the youth group
20) Did you fall in love in 2008?
21) What was your favorite blog post that you wrote?
Confession I am a Snob
22) What were your favorite TV programs?
The Unit, How I Meet Your Mother, American Idol, Ugly Betty, Pardon the Interruption, Mike and Mike in the Morning.
23) Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24) What was the best book you read?
Knowing God by J.I. Packer
25) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Rihanna – I know I am late to the game
26) What did you want and get?
– to fall more in love with Dana.
– to grow closer to God.
– another car.
27) What did you want and not get?
-house, kids, and a dog
28) What was your favorite film of this year?
-The Dark Knight
29) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
turned 33. Ate with Dana probably watched a movie.
30) Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most?
I couldn’t help but to like Obama. Bill O’rielly, I love his radio and TV show. Tom Brady, whats not to love?
31) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
turning into a ralph lauren polo person
32) What kept you sane?
Dana, prayer, dove ice cream
33) Who did you miss?
I miss Mary Helen McMeen, I think about her so often. I miss my roomate from college Matt Brewer.
34) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
You may have to spend time in the wilderness if you want to have a great relationship with God
35) What did you gain this year?
– a deeper love for my wife
– a deeper sense of who i am
– more confussion about God
– new friends
36) What did you lose this year?
– another year of living
– some of my dreams
– some of my pain, hurts, and questions
37) Who was the best new person you met?
– Dale Jenkins (I have known him but not really)
– I really don’t get around much
38) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone
I’ve been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace