We just got from church camp and it was one of the best we have had in years. I am a camp lover but some years are just not that great. So what are some things that make a great week of camp? Here are some of my thoughts and I hope you will share yours?
- Theme or Lessons. Camp is like a journey. You are carrying students on a trip and well planned out lessons can help transport your students to a place where they can reflect on their relationship with God and be inspired to live for him. I have been to camps where the theme was weak or not well planned or not planned. Sometimes the lessons are like a trip to the Grand Canyon but you take so many side trips that you only have an hour to see the Canyon.
- Staff. The staff can make or break your week. It is better to go understaffed than to have a bad staff.
- Competitive Red Rover. Oh yes nothing says camp like a team competition of high energy and overly competitive red rover. When you send the football player over and he picks out the 9 year old because he is sure he can break the line and he does as well as he breaks that kids arm. Sweet memories.
- Food. You need at least one unrecognizable dish but never two or more. One creates a memory two or more campers never return.
- Clean Restrooms. You will need these after taco salad night.
Let us know some other things that make a camp week great