Book Review – Max On Life
Max Lucado has a gift at being able to weave words and captivate your heart and mind. Max on life is his short answers to 172 questions. He breaks them down into 7 groupings:
- Hope – God, grace, and why I am here
- Hurt – Conflict, calamities, and why me?
- Help – Prayer, scripture, and why church?
- Him/Her – Sex, romance, and any chance of a second chance?
- Home – Diapers, disagreements, and any hope for prodigals?
- Haves / Haves Not – Work, money, and where’s the lifeline?
- Hereafter – Cemeteries, heaven, hell, and who goes where?
This is a great devotional book. It could be a great ministers Wednesday night devotional guide. He will give each question 1-3 pages of an answer. About a third of the time he does not quote a Bible passage but gives a principle. What he does best in uses words in a way that paints beautiful pictures and inspires hope. Don’t expect deep answers as that is not the purpose of the book.
I received this book from Thomas Nelson for free in exchange for reviewing it.